Best Cheap Ranges
Our Top Pick
Samsung NX58K3310S Review
- Large oven preheats quickly and cooks evenly; good heat levels on cooktop.
- Range feels solid and well-built, with a sleek design.
- Five burners, including a high-intensity front burner (17,000 BTUs), low-intensity simmer burner, and center oval burner.
- Heavy cast iron continuous grates.
- Manual-clean oven.
- Some complaints about inaccurate oven calibration.
Takeaway: The stovetop on the Samsung NX58K3310S wins accolades for the oval-shaped fifth burner, which accommodates extra-large pots, and the easy-to-clean porcelain surface. The features, look, and performance make this freestanding gas range a solid value.
GE JB645 Review
- Two dual-size front burners (6 inches and 9 inches) with power boil (3,100 watts).
- Self-cleaning oven with two bake elements.
- Oven heats accurately and evenly.
- Seems less sturdy than older models, according to reviews.
- Cooktop scratches easily without attentive care.
- "Hot surface" warning lights are difficult to see.
Takeaway: The ceramic glass cooktop on the GE JB645 looks good and is easy to clean. The dual-size front burners offer lots of flexibility, and the well-calibrated oven ensures successful results.
Whirlpool WFG515S0E Review
- Two power burners (15,000 BTUs) for faster heating.
- Counter-depth design looks more expensive than it is.
- Self-clean oven with keep-warm mode.
- Some grousing about inconsistent oven temperature and a hard-to-read display.
- The area around the burners can be difficult to clean.
- Continuous grates annoy some users.
Takeaway: The Whirlpool WFG515SOE is a basic gas stove with an updated look due, in part, to the continuous grates (as opposed to individual grates for each burner). The two front power burners are a boon to some users, but others would rather have one burner in front that's less powerful. Overall, this model does not disappoint.
Frigidaire FFEF3013L Review
- Four cooktop elements heat evenly, and one is expandable for larger pots.
- Easy-to-clean smooth cooktop.
- High and low broil settings; true oven temperature.
- Large storage drawer.
- Manual-clean oven with exposed bake element on bottom.
- Some grousing about slow preheating and a buzzer that's hard to hear.
- Scattered reports mention cracking and scratches on the cooktop.
Takeaway: The basic, smooth-top electric Frigidaire FFEF3013L earns points for user-friendliness, appearance, and a very attractive price. Users say it's easy to clean and a good value for the money.
GE JGBS10DEK Review
- Good basic stove at a very cheap price.
- Easy-to-clean individual steel grates.
- Four burners with the same power (9,100 BTUs).
- All analog controls; no specialty settings, clock, or timer.
- Broiler drawer under oven.
- Burner grates tend to slide around.
Takeaway: This may look like grandma's stove, but the gas-powered GE JGBS10DEK serves its purpose relatively well. Consumers who are comfortable with the basics and have no need for bells or whistles should be pleased with the price and the product. Without any electronics, though, oven temperatures may be less precise.
Kenmore 93002 Review
- Four electric coils heat quickly and evenly.
- Three broil settings.
- Easy to use, even without manual.
- Multiple repairs reported by users.
- Manual-clean oven.
- Preheating is slow and oven heats unevenly.
- Stove top gets very hot when the oven is on.
Takeaway: Some users like the electric Kenmore 93002 because it generally does its job and doesn't distract with fancy features. Gripes about the oven and failing coils might give shoppers pause.
More From Cheapism
Cheapest Fast-Food Joints
Redditors eat at these seven fast-food chains when they're looking to stretch their dollar a little further.
Prepared Family Meals at Costco
These warehouse faves can feed a hungry crowd with ready-made items...
Best Bang-for-Your-Buck Foods at Costco
Even if you shop at Costco, where the bakery section is a sea of...