Good Compact Exercise Bike
Available from Walmart.
Price: $149 at time of publishing
- A favorite with many users due to its small footprint and foldable design for easy storage; earns 5 stars from more than 3,500 reviewers -- nearly two-thirds of all reviewers -- on Amazon.
- 8 levels of magnetic resistance.
- High-resistance crank system allows for smooth, and challenging, pedaling.
- LCD screen to monitor stats.
- Hand-grip heart-rate sensors.
- V-belt drive offers a quiet workout; many users say they're amazed at the low noise level.
- Weighs just 39 pounds; wheels for easy portability.
- Not designed for intense workouts.
- Some riders find the seat uncomfortable and too wide.
- Pedals are too far forward for some users; others say the seat height doesn't adjust enough for shorter riders.
- Some complaints of defective bikes and loud squeaking noises.
- Short 1-year limited warranty for defects; 90 days on parts and workmanship.
Takeaway: The Exerpeutic 250XL strikes a great balance of sturdiness and stowability. This simple upright bike is easily folded, rolled, and tucked away, yet it has a 300-pound weight capacity. Considered a "starter" bike, it may disappoint more experienced riders, but by and large, average users with more tempered expectations have been really pleased with this bargain-priced buy, according to online reviews. Shorter people may want to try this one on for size before purchasing, however.