Best Tourmaline Hair Dryer Under $30
Est. Price: $27.75 | Buy it on Amazon
- Dries hair quickly without scorching and leaves it shiny, according to users.
- Triple play of ionic, ceramic, and tourmaline technologies.
- Relatively light, at 1.8 pounds.
- Soft surface makes for a comfortable grip.
- 3 heat and 2 speed settings, plus cool shot.
- Comes with a diffuser and a concentrator.
- Hinged filter and hanging ring.
- Wirecutter's budget pick.
- Short 5.5-foot cord.
- Side-by-side slider switches can be hard to activate, some reviews say.
Takeaway: Along with testers at Wirecutter, scores of users consider the Conair 1875-Watt Tourmaline Ceramic Styler (model 225NP) a 5-star buy. The dryer generates enough heat and speed to avoid the "hot" setting, some reviewers write, which minimizes the chances of fried hair. On the down side, the relatively short cord may hinder maneuverability and the DC motor may not prove as long-lasting as the AC motors found in competing models. But, overall, reviewers like the high-shine and frizz-free results, light weight, included attachments, and value price of this Conair hair dryer.